Camelthorn, Zimbabwe est niché dans la partie boisée des plaines de Ngamo.
Vous profiterez d’une expérience mémorable de safari, aussi bien dans le confort que dans le style. Profitez d’un repas à l’ombre de nos acacias, savourez votre café du matin devant un feu de cheminée, suivez les troupeaux d’éléphants à pied et profiter de nos miradors d’observation pour compléter votre collection de photographies. Ce lodge répond à toutes les exigences en terme de safari africain.
Quick facts about Camelthorn:
– 1-hour small plane charter from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
– 4-hour road transfer from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
– Camelthorn is situated in one of Hwange’s last remaining well-protected and un-spoilt acacia woodlands, on the edge of the South Eastern corner of Hwange National Park
– The main lodge is unique in its style and design and has as its centre piece a huge ancient Camelthorn tree that spans a 35-metre outdoor dining area
– Accommodation: 8 luxuriously furnished forest villas that are cool in the hot months and warm and cosy in the cold months.
– Each villa has a private en-suite bathroom with a bath and feature window overlooking the woodland, large shower, closed off toilet, fireplace, a private ground level deck, upstairs outdoor maisonette with hammock and day bed and electricity by diesel/solar generator.
– The woodlands surrounding our forest villas is dotted with small water baths that attract some of the smaller and less destructive woodland creatures – bushbuck, mongoose, squirrels and an abundance of interesting and colourful birdlife
– Less than a kilometre away from the lodge and inside Hwange National Park, we have built an underground blind in front of a beautifully located waterhole – elephants can be photographed from toe level silhouetted against the sky at a distance of 25 feet. Such close proximity to Hwange’s giants is truly breathtaking!
– Our friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you on walks or drives inside this truly wild and remote region of Hwange National Park, famous for its giants, the elephants, as well as a plethora of different wildlife
– Other activities include all day ‘pump runs’, night drives and school and village visits
– Ceiling fans
– Fire place
– Stocked minibar facility
– Coffee and tea tray
– Hair dryer
– Mosquito net and repellent
– Emergency whistles
– Electronic safes
– Mobile LED lamp
– Free daily laundry